You didn't post a topic yet. Let us show you how to make your first topic and upload your favorite forex robot. Guide me

Skip to forum content

The latest topics with attached files (Forex robots, Forex Indicators, etc..)

Forums in this category with details of Replies, Views, last post

Yellow Free EA

by t76ahmed

$3500 NO DEPOSIT BONUS! >> Get $3500 STARTUP Bonus!  

Don't need to deposit! With $3500 bonus you will be able to estimate our unsurpassed quality of order execution in real trading conditions with no risk and no personal investments

Best Forex VPS! - Virtual Servers for Forex Trading!

Instant provisioning of VPS Forex service after your payment is received! Locations: AMSTERDAM (Netherland), NEW YORK (USA), LONDON (United Kingdom)

[ Closed ]

Login with Facebook Username:  Password:  Login  |  Register

Download over 10,000 FREE Forex Robots!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Please rate this topic
Current rating: 0
Votes: 0

Embed topic to your site

Buy Limit / Stop Limit

Topic: Buy Limit / Stop Limit

I am just getting into trading and what to know the difference between the two

What is a Buy Limit and Stop Limit ?

Re: Buy Limit / Stop Limit

buy EURUSD here with stop loss 1 hour close below 1.0598

Download profitable Forex robots with the MT4talk Chrome Extension! Install Now 

Noah Harris wrote:

I am just getting into trading and what to know the difference between the two

What is a Buy Limit and Stop Limit ?

A BUY LIMIT order is a pending order that you place below the market price.  Orders like that are placed because it is thought that a price once reaches a certain level will bounce back and raise.  The BUY STOP order on the other hand is meant for the case where a price can break a resistance and continue climbing up.

There are the equivalents to SELL orders.

Furthermore, always keep into account that LIMIT orders does not have slippage, while STOP ORDERS always have some slippage.
This difference can make "the difference" in scalping strategies that works very nice in backtest an/or Demo accounts... but if used in real accounts will be killed by slippage.

Thanked for the post: choakures

Whether LIMIT orders get slippage or not depends on your broker. For my broker, LIMIT orders may still get slippage, their reason is that when LIMIT orders are being triggered, they changed into MARKET orders to be executed and hence the final price you get may be different from your LIMIT price. Do note however that slippage may be positive or negative, so you may get better or worse pricing ....

this thread gives me greater understanding to buy limit and stop limit. i've been reading up on many websites or references and couldn't find something that gives me a simpler understanding. thank you!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Download profitable Forex robots with the MT4talk Chrome Extension! Install Now 

NOTE: Cracks or other illegal versions of copyrighted forex robots are highly prohibited on MT4talk.com. If you upload any illegal version of any copyrighted forex robot, your forum account will be banned. No exceptions.

Forum statistics

• Total number of registered users: 14,707
  • Newest registered user: Hemera
  • Total number of topics: 10,466
  • Total number of posts: 35,365

Copyright MT4talk.com Forum Rules - Privacy Policy.